Get NOW’s Restaurant Reviews of Toronto’s 907 essential eateries in ultra-convenient iPod Notes format. Every restaurant listed on NOW’s Restaurant Guide has been downloaded and formatted as iPod Notes. Never again will you find your hungry iPod-holding self in an unfamiliar Toronto neighbourhood with nary a clue as to where to eat.
- Download and unzip NOW Restaurant Guide for iPod (ZIP, 400K)
- In iTunes, enable disk use for iPod
- Connect your iPod (2002 model or newer)
- Copy the Guide into your Notes folder
- Unmount iPod
- Browse to Extras Â» Notes
- Wait for it to load
- Select NOW Reviews
- Read’em and eat!
Content by NOW Magazine. Programming by (my Python hero) Jakub Labath. Concept and design (if you can call it that) by me.
If you are new to iPod Notes, check out some of my other creations:
I like to cook, and am happiest using fresh local produce. Sometimes I refer to the Foodland Ontario Produce Availability Guide which lists when Ontario fruits and vegetables are in season and at their peak. I don’t have a mobile browser and even if I did, the site would not work well on it. So I decided to make a version that would fit on an iPod.
- Download the iPod Notes Version (ZIP)
- In iTunes, enable disk use.
- Copy the Guide into your Notes folder.
- Unmount iPod.
- Browse to Extras Â» Notes Â» Ontario Produce
- Read the Read Me file
- Eat Local!
If you would like easier access to the Notes you can do so in:
iPod › Settings › Main Menu › Notes (turn on)
Enjoy! Source: Excel (ZIP)