How to keep your Nano fresh
I love my iPod Nano; all 4GB of it. It’s just the right size for my Podcasts, calendars, contacts and notes. And even though the Nano won’t fit my entire music library, I utilize Smart Playlists to prevent my music from getting stale. As long as you are listening to music on your iPod and getting new music often enough, this approach is more or less self-maintaining.
I created 5 Smart Playlists each containing 700MB the following:
- 1 CD Most Recently Added. 700MB of the most recently added songs.
- Heaviest Rotation. A random selection of songs played more than 10 times.
- Lightest Rotation. The least played songs that were not added in the last three months.
- Newish. A random selection of songs added in the last 12 months.
- Oldish. A random selection of songs not added in the last 12 months.